I'm bumping this post up which I did in January, as a reminder to artists working on something. We have a little over a month.
Celebrations take planning. On September 25th of 2017, we celebrate the 200th anniversary of Izannah Walker's birth. Inna Razuvaeva, Russian doll maker, suggested in the MAIDA Dolls Group that we plan to celebrate by creating something for September 25th this year.
I created this blog as the resource I wish existed when I first started studying Izannah Walker's dolls. I had bought all the books that had Izannah Walker doll pictures in them. At that time, there were very few pictures of Izannah Walker dolls online, less than 10 dolls. So I started traveling to document dolls and post them here as a resource for doll makers and those who love folk art. That's how this resource was created.
So, in 2017, let's plan to make creations to be finished by September 25th. I'll create in September which will allow us to post our special creations. Here are some ideas to think about in terms of a creation:
- Make an Izannah inspired doll
- Make an Izannah inspired painting
- Design an Izannah inspired fabric through Spoonflower. See mine here.
- Write a poem.
- Write a song.
- Make a graphic.
- Make a doll sized quilt.
- Designs a new piece of clothing or accessory to go with your Izannah Walker Doll.
- Make a modern one of a kind doll which uses Izannah Walker's techniques but does not look like an Izannah doll.
Ready, set, go!